Tuesday, July 31, 2012

‘Iron Man 3′: Don Cheadle On War Machine & Iron Man

Don Cheadle had a few things to say at comic con this year about Iron Man 3.

“Everything is happening for War Machine. His suit goes through a couple of iterations and developments and gets kind of a makeover.”

“It’s getting more uncomfortable. I think there is an inverse logic to that but it seems to be happening.”

“I’m wearing some suits yes. I can’t give it all away but I have to put metal on.”

“He gets to branch out a little bit more in this movie but the main component of this character is his relationship with Tony. That gets a little bit more expansive in this one too. As Shane (Black) is fond of saying we have a private sector Iron Man with Tony and now we have a military Iron Man with War Machine, and I like the suit envy that they have with each other and the professional jealousy that goes back to friendship. We keep exploring that stuff and this movie is also kind of wall-to-wall action, so it definitely rivals the other two.”

“I think this film is a little bit grittier. The villains aren’t all wearing costumes. So you’re dealing with human beings and I think that always makes it a little more of a touchstone to reality than when the sky opens up and people come out of it with swords. That’s great too, but this is just a little bit different.”

“I think it’s that man at the center of it, Robert Downey Jr., he’s obviously a really strong actor and when you bring that into a franchise like this I think it gives a level of veracity and a level of groundedness so it doesn’t feel like some flighty ephemeral thing. It’s like ‘oh, that’s a real person inside of there and a person with real issues.’ I think that contrast when you see that guy flying around and blowing things up, it makes it more grounded.”

No comments:

Post a Comment